'Kainga te tahua a Rongo raua ko Haumia'
'Eat the bountiful food of Rongo and Haumia'
Tahuri Whenua Incorporated Society is a National Māori Vegetable Growers Collective representing Māori interests in the horticulture sector.
KEY OBJECTIVES ARE TO:
- Ensure Māori have access to relevant resources in the horticulture industry;
- Promote an awareness of the Treaty of Waitangi;
- Facilitate Māori participation in research and development in the horticulture sector;
- Support Māori Business Development in the horticulture sector through provision of advice and information.
Thank you to all those who contributed to the AGM held at Te Uru Taumatua, Taneatua - Ka mau te wehi o tera whare.
Click here for the Chairs Report
TAEWA SEED - GROWING INSTRUCTIONS
Te Wananga o Raukawa - seed taewa have been made available for recent hui
- see the link below for further information. Also, for other crops click here
Guests at recent Government House Matariki 2015 functions were given taewa seed to celebrate Matariki and experience our Maori kai.- see the attached link for more information on your taewa seed and growing.
Click on this link for information on growing your seed taewa
Follow this link to order any of the books on Maori foods and crops - click here
Please follow the links button to the right to visit other sites related to this kaupapa
He Kai Kei Aku Ringaringa - a background to the establishment of the collective.
If you would like to find out more, please contact one of our team.
- Matariki - 20-21 June 2015
- Hui being planned for Tauranga Moana rohe - watch this space for more information
- Pruning hui being planned for Whanganui river, July/August 2015
- 2015 AGM planned for 19 September 2015 at Taneatua, Bay of Plenty
- 2016 Hui-a-rohe planned for Onetahua marae, Takaka 12-14 February 2016
PLEASE NOTE THIS SITE IS STILL BEING DEVELOPED
WE WILL CONTINUE TO ADD STORIES AND PHOTOS AS THEY BECOME ACCESSIBLE. WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES REGARDING ANYTHING YOU SEE OR READ ON THIS SITE, OR WANT TO CONTRIBUTE ANY MATERIAL PLEASE CONTACT THE WEBMASTER HERE.