'Kainga te tahua a Rongo raua ko Haumia'
'Eat the bountiful food of Rongo and Haumia'
Tāhuri Whenua Incorporated Society is a National Māori Vegetable Growers Collective representing Māori interests in the horticulture sector.
KEY OBJECTIVES ARE TO:
- Ensure Māori have access to relevant resources in the horticulture industry.
- Promote an awareness of the Treaty of Waitangi.
- Facilitate Māori participation in research and development in the horticulture sector.
- Support Māori Business Development in the horticulture sector through provision of advice and information.
He Kai Kei Aku Ringaringa - a background to the establishment of the collective.
If you would like to find out more, please contact one of our team.
Nō reira koutou mā….
Ngā mihi mō tenei Tau ki a koutou me ō koutou whanau!
- harvest and hangi - Massey University trials - mid April 2015
- Hui being planned for late May in Tauranga Moana rohe - watch this space for more information
- Pruning hui being planned for Whanganui river, July/August 2015
- 2015 AGM tentatively planned for September 2015 in Ruatoki rohe
PLEASE NOTE THIS SITE IS STILL BEING DEVELOPED
WE WILL CONTINUE TO ADD STORIES AND PHOTOS AS THEY BECOME ACCESSIBLE. WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES REGARDING ANYTHING YOU SEE OR READ ON THIS SITE, OR WANT TO CONTRIBUTE ANY MATERIAL PLEASE CONTACT THE WEBMASTER HERE.