PROJECTS BASED AT MASSEY UNIVERSITY
From the beginning of Tahuri Whenua there have been annual projects aligned to Massey University in Palmerston North, sometimes also in association with Lincoln University in Canterbury, which relate to a range of crops and topics and which have contributed to the maintenance of plants and seed or led to occasional workshops or hui.
The following links include photos and reports of some of these projects and also introduce some of the students involved.
- 2015-16 project with Kokihi and Puha undertaken by Marcos Schleiden Sousa Carvalho, from Brazil.
- 2014-15 Seed bank maara, Palmerston North - involves Pauline Maua (Papua New Guinea) and Mesulame Tora (Fiji).
- Photos from the 2014 harvest of kumara trials at Ohakea (Rangitikei). See pictures here
- Taewa production trials - yield measurements throughout the 2007 season. See pictures here
- Planting taewa trials for the 2007-08 season (November 2007). See pictures here